Hummus. What else?
Food in Beirut has more to offer. Experiment Lebanese comfort food or enjoy lavish restaurants.
• Kibbe nayeh: raw meat mixed with bulghur
• Grilled Halloumi: Halloumi is a cheese originally from Cyprus. Mix it with fig jam or honey.
• Mudardara: a vegetarian dish made of lentils and rice topped with caramelized onions. Different from Mujadara, made of mashed lentils.
• Shanklish: very specific kind of dried cheese often mixed with thyme (zaatar)
• Kishk: fermented yoghurt mixed with bulghur, ask for it on your manaish (small gallette with cheese, zaatar or meat)
• Cafe blanc (White coffee/Ahwe bayda): Soothing drink made of hot water with orange blossom water.
Liza Beirut nestled in a traditional designed Lebanese house in Ashrafiye, offers a fine though traditional lebanese and levantine food experience.
Adress: Metropolitan Club, Doumani Street, Trabaud, Ashrafieh, Beirut Tel: +961 1 208 108 / +961 71 71 71 05
RIP Diet. True institution, Em Sherif is a sophisticated restaurant where you will taste levantine cuisine at its best. There’s no menu, just sit and attend the show. In this small palace, waiters will take full control of your comfort. Book prior to any visit, specially on week-ends as it is a large family hang-out place.
Adress: Monot Street, Beirut Tel:+961 70 919 119
2 different adresses for this Armenian food restaurant. Family business, the food is served with skill and passion.Traditional and modest in Burj Hammoud and hipper in Badaro. Try their "Manti" or their sweet cherry beef meat "Ras Asfour bel karaz".
Adress: in Burj Hammoud: Aghabios Street (Facing the Life center Church)Tel: +961 3 801 476/ in Badaro: Badaro Street Tel:+961 70 383 203
Usually said that good food comes from a good heart. Tawlet is one of these passion projects making you feel at home. The team behind «Souk al Tayeb» (the delicious market), an organic market bringing fresh village products, has launched Tawlet in 2009. Everyday a cook from a different region prepares local dishes sharing with you their passion for better food.
Adress: 12 rue Naher, Armenia Street Tel:+961 1 448 129
On your way back to your hotel, in the middle of the night stop by Barbar to grab a sandwich, drink rainbow-colored juices or finish the chat you have started at the club.
Adress: Omar Ben Abdelaziz street. Hamra Tel:+961 1 753 330